Things you can buy at Chuck E Cheese for 43 tickets as we learned this morning

1.30.2010

in Uncategorized

-4 mini Tootsie Pops

-Pencils

-Bunch o’ wiggly plasticky lobster looking things

-Bracelet with estimated lifespan of 6 days

-Licensed character stickers with characters I’ve never seen in my life and kind of scared my kids.

-4 Plastic Choking Hazards of Unknown Function

-Cadmium

-1/5 fake plastic vomit

Motherhood Uncensored January 30, 2010 at 6:35 pm

I think 6 days is pretty optimistic.

Too bad you can't trade tickets for beer. Hmmmm, I think I might be onto something.

Kriste January 30, 2010 at 6:40 pm

One would think after all these years, the great Chuck would give out better prizes. But nope, they are still crap.

Sudu January 30, 2010 at 6:48 pm

Those bracelets last 6 days in your house? Wow – they might last 1/2 hour in mine. :)

Bethany January 30, 2010 at 7:14 pm

I wish places like that could find something more practical to give away. Kudos to the bracelets lasting 6 days though- that might be a record!

The Red Headed Mama January 30, 2010 at 9:09 pm

This is why I spend the whole time playing ski ball, to get the tickets so that my son can pick out a “good” prize…which is still some scary plastic bug, a sucker and usually a random coloring page that is ruined before we get out of the car.

Fun times.

Stacia January 30, 2010 at 9:26 pm

Oh, dear Lord, my daughter is there at a birthday party right now. Ten bucks says she comes home with the lobster thingies.

Amber January 30, 2010 at 9:47 pm

I am endlessly grateful that so far, my husband, parents and in-laws have done the Chuck E. Cheese trips. The very idea makes me kind of itchy.

LazyMom January 30, 2010 at 9:57 pm

I think Chuck E Cheese is just another sign of an angry God.

BOSSY January 30, 2010 at 10:35 pm

A steal at $212.00!

Marinka January 30, 2010 at 10:45 pm

What can you get for 44 tickets?

Kami January 31, 2010 at 1:31 am

umm, you gently encouraged your kids in the direction of the 1/5 fake vomit right?

Cheryl Lage January 31, 2010 at 1:47 am

Hands-down the best option in that ticket range is the half-portion pack of PopRocks.

Alyssa January 31, 2010 at 3:00 am

Wow and that is in NYC I wonder what we would get at our Chuck E Cheese with 43 tickets…maybe our bracelet would last 7 days although my daughter would most likely break it before we were out the door!

Brooke January 31, 2010 at 3:48 am

And yet it is STILL my 10 yr old sister's favourite place in the world, four years running. We tried to save the tickets to get a lava lamp priced at 2000… We kept losing them at home. I think they still have the lava lamp though!

mom, again January 31, 2010 at 4:21 am

C.E.C was relatively new, at least in the Southeast, when I was a parent the first time around. By the time my girls were old enough to want to go, I was a poor single mommy, who managed to avoid it. Even birthday invites to it seemed to happen on weekends they would be out of town with their dad.

So, now I'm a parent again with a small boy. His oldest sister is now married, & threatening grandchildren next year or the year after. I wonder how much longer I can avoid crossing the threshold?

Issas Crazy World January 31, 2010 at 5:03 am

A migrane? Oh wait that's free.

Adventures In Babywearing January 31, 2010 at 1:40 pm

I've yet to ever go there in all my years. I have always told my kids they are allergic to their food. (At one time it was true.)

Steph

Mom101 January 31, 2010 at 1:45 pm

It was my first time Steph. It was early enough that it wasn't the worst experience of my life. I spent all the tokens on the Simpsons game while the kids played in the climby thing.

But that show? The one on the video with the bad music and the guy who comes out dressed like the rat? They lost me there.

the new girl January 31, 2010 at 7:46 pm

I hear that they're giving those tickets out at the arcade in MU's basement!

Prizes include no cadmium. But probably lots of batteries.

justmakingourway January 31, 2010 at 9:36 pm

My daughter got one of those exact same bracelets yesterday! (Luckily, it was the In-Laws that took the kiddos. Phew!)

Nicole Feliciano February 1, 2010 at 4:10 am

Reason number 1062 why Chuck E Cheese is seldom a good idea. My nephew broke his arm there on the last trip.

Daily Cup of Jo February 1, 2010 at 7:46 am

My kids used to play there in the ball pit (before they figured out that's where H1N1 originated) and crawled around in the Habitrail. Now, it's just kiddie-casino. Honestly, the bracelets would break before we got to the car.

Evan February 1, 2010 at 3:42 pm

Cadmium. ugh. Better throw them away. I try to keep my children away from toxic stuff as much as possible.

mymomgenes February 1, 2010 at 6:10 pm

Don't forget the lead poisoning because all that junk is made in china.

J at www.jellyjules.com February 1, 2010 at 8:51 pm

I hate that place. I remember explaining to my daughter that I didn't want to spend $20 on games so she could get enough tickets to buy a $5 barbie, and her being really ticked off at me. Ugh.

I'm glad to not have gone back since, and that my daughter has outgrown any desire to go there. Especially since they recently built one MUCH closer to us than the other hell place.

pineapplebabble February 2, 2010 at 7:26 pm

I've said it before and I'll say it again…Chuck E. DISEASES is the 3rd ring of hell and should be avoided at all costs! The fact that monsieur mouse is trying to ply our kids with choking hazards and radioactive materials (it is radioactive,no?) is not at all comforting.

RUN – RUN FAST – RUN FAR – RUN NOW!

Momma Hunt February 2, 2010 at 7:58 pm

I have never taken my son to Chuck-e-cheese but I am have been thinking about it. I might have to rethink this option now

Noelle February 2, 2010 at 10:00 pm

My child is 5 and has never been to Chuck E. Cheese. Don't hate me!!! I.JUST.CAN'T.DO.IT. At least until I have no choice.

I do take her to Fat Cats occassionally, where 43 tickets will get you a plastic sword so you can pretend you're a Muskateer.

Lauren February 3, 2010 at 3:18 am

I remember going to CEC fairly often when I was a kid in the late 80's. Like another commenter, I mostly remember the ball pit, cheese maze/crawl thing, and ski ball. I had at least one b-day party there. The b-day kid would go up on stage with CEC and he would guess how old you were – if he was wrong you got to take his tail and “spank” him the number of years old you were. We have taken our 3 toddlers to the new one in our town a couple times. I don't mind Saturday mornings, but I will never, ever go back on a Friday night – once was crazy enough.

Evan February 3, 2010 at 3:22 pm

Migraine- yes. Free. What's best about it is that after you get a migraine, you immediately feel great relief.

texas math February 3, 2010 at 7:18 pm

Chuck E Cheese is a parent's nightmare. You spend that much money playing games, and then your kid thinks their getting a stuffed teddy bear….but NOPE…4 mini tootsie rolls instead.

So, then you end up having to go buy here a stuffed teddy bear…which if you knew up front that was what she wanted, you'd have done that instead of going to Chuck E and wasting all that money.

(I'm not bitter about it at all though…)

Sharon Bially February 5, 2010 at 7:33 pm

How about buying the promise of something better if you save up those tix for next time? (Yeah, right.)

Unplanned Cooking February 9, 2010 at 9:25 am

We just happened to go there this weekend too, and I couldn't believe how crappy the prizes were! The guy was kind enough to let us trade in our tickets for some lolipops even though we fell short.