And we danced…

8.08.2011

in blogher

Have you ever stood in a room of a thousand women and watched them dance?

Really dance?

Not dancing for men. Not dancing sexy for a TV crew. Just dancing because the music is on and the parquet floor is there.

Renee

Liz, AlliLiz, Alli

Yvonne

A thousand women dancing in a ballroom at a conference.

Thank you mamapop.

Sometimes we need the dancing as much as we need the rest of it.

Brene August 8, 2011 at 9:10 am

Made me smile on this vacation re-entry Monday! Thank you!
Brene recently posted..A new look + a wholeheARTed giveaway!My Profile

Kristen August 8, 2011 at 9:14 am

Of course I have. Hello, haven’t you seen Ellen DeGeneres’ show? :)

Dorf's Daughter August 8, 2011 at 9:27 am

All that’s missing is the tambourines on the table.

Marinka August 8, 2011 at 9:41 am

Love the post and the photos. And I also loved that as I followed the #BlogHer11 tweets from NYC, I saw how so much of it was about friendship and happiness and almost nothing about “OMG, I GOT SWAG!” LOVED that. And missed it terribly.
Marinka recently posted..Monday Dilemma: Who Should Be My Plus One?My Profile

Mom101 August 8, 2011 at 9:55 am

That’s very much how the weekend felt, Marinka. I’ll write more tomorrow.

Elaine August 8, 2011 at 2:12 pm

I love that mentioned that the tweets were more about happiness and friendship. There was a TON of that! Sorry you missed it too.

Busy Mom August 8, 2011 at 10:24 am

Related: have you ever stood in a room with a thousand women on the Monday morning after said dance floor when they can’t move and may have injured something they needed?
Busy Mom recently posted..Headed to BlogHer ’11My Profile

Mom101 August 8, 2011 at 12:23 pm

It’s possible…why do you ask?
And how did I only see you for 11 seconds?

Busy Mom August 8, 2011 at 9:06 pm

I know!!! You got away from me on the dance floor. (Probably a wise move)

You missed our Team Liz picture the other night. It’s cute, but obviously incomplete.
Busy Mom recently posted..Headed to BlogHer ’11My Profile

MySanityBlog August 8, 2011 at 11:46 am

Dancing is good for the soul. I like that you put that all these women weren’t dancing for men or to be sexy. It is nice to be able to let go and not worry about anything and just shake your boo-tay!
MySanityBlog recently posted..5 Things that Bug MeMy Profile

Mrs. Kennedy August 8, 2011 at 12:12 pm

I love Sparklecorn.
Mrs. Kennedy recently posted..BeachedMy Profile

A Mommy in the City August 8, 2011 at 12:20 pm

This looked like so much fun! Sad I missed BlogHer this year! Can’t wait for it to come back to NYC next year!
A Mommy in the City recently posted..Back to School with CrocsMy Profile

Jill Cordes August 8, 2011 at 1:13 pm

Way way too much fun. Made me wish for the 80′s again, minus the hair!
Jill Cordes recently posted..Sesame PlaceMy Profile

Stephanie from 4Eighteen August 8, 2011 at 1:57 pm

I love these pictures, looks like so much fun. I have recently learned about BlogHer and would LOVE to be able to attend some day. I hope you had a great time!

Elaine August 8, 2011 at 2:13 pm

I danced like a crazy woman that night. It was so awesome. :D

Katherine @ Postpartum Progress August 8, 2011 at 4:18 pm

Sparklecorn makes me feel free. I love that feeling, because I rarely have it. Thank you for sharing these pictures of pure joy!
Katherine @ Postpartum Progress recently posted..Postpartum Depression on iVoices on iVillage: How They Got Help & Why You Should TooMy Profile

Vicky August 8, 2011 at 4:58 pm

Sparklecorn does make you feel free. Free to dance, laugh log and dress up in your prettiest, sparkliest creation. Also, there is cake. It all adds up to awesome. I look forward to it every year.
Vicky recently posted..Random MusingsMy Profile

Kami August 8, 2011 at 8:32 pm

How effiin’ empowering. I cannot wait til next year!

Mommy Shorts August 8, 2011 at 11:49 pm

Love the dancing pics. Maybe that’ll be me next year. Baby steps.
Mommy Shorts recently posted..7 Blog-less Lessons Learned at BlogHerMy Profile

An Authentic Life August 9, 2011 at 2:14 pm

There was cake??? How did I miss that?
DJ Dribble needed more 80′s flair! But how much fun was the night?!!?

Mom101 August 10, 2011 at 7:43 am

Wait…you missed the Best Evah 80s Remix? How is such a thing possible?

Kyran August 9, 2011 at 5:49 pm

I just hate that I missed Sparklecorn. But am so happy I was there for all the rest of it. Still floating.

Gray Matter Matters August 9, 2011 at 6:08 pm

Oh no you d’int.
No seriously, you didn’t. Not even me in the background? Ok, well, at least send me that cute picture of me smootching you on the cheek–no “you were tagged” required. I loved seeing you and reliving years gone by–without having to don MC Hammer pants. Mwah. B.
Gray Matter Matters recently posted..Guilt. Proof that you’re a motherMy Profile

Mom101 August 10, 2011 at 7:43 am

We got a breakfast for two out of the weekend! When does that happen? Mwah, back.

the muskrat August 9, 2011 at 8:55 pm

It’s hard to beat the sparkle.

edenland August 9, 2011 at 10:37 pm

That’s the back of my head in the bottom photo!

I adored Sparklecorn, there is something magical about it. And meeting you there – briefly, was one of my highlights of BlogHer.

Mom101 August 10, 2011 at 7:42 am

Back at you, Eden. I ran through the crowd to chase you down! I think I knocked over three glittery bloggers in the process (but they were very nice about it).

The Woman Formerly Known as Beautiful August 11, 2011 at 3:29 am

I didn’t go. Wanted to meet too many of the bloggers I read so I started to feel like a guy trying to hit on some chicks who were gonna be all, “I’m already dancing with her,” and I’d be too nervous to ask anyone else so I’d just kind of sip my drink but be too nervous to get drunk and would have to go back to the hotel, perfectly sober having not even brought along a vibrator or tooth floss. Maybe next year.
The Woman Formerly Known as Beautiful recently posted..Is Angelina Jolie an Ice Queen Mom?My Profile

Alexandra August 12, 2011 at 11:20 pm

We have to get out of our “she’ll think I’m weird.”

Honestly, I wish I would’ve said hello to so many people.

But, I tried to say hello to one blogger I follow, and she was very unwelcoming and didn’t smile back..so, I, uh…was too scared to do that again for the rest of the conference.

Silly me. I should’ve just kept trying and said, so what.

Amanda August 12, 2011 at 11:33 pm

THANK YOU! This not only made me laugh but gave me that warm, fuzzy feeling I get when I think about my girlfriends and the freedom that comes with dancing LIKE no one is watching. Truly euphoric and completely freeing. Love the visual reminder that we can all have that moment by strapping on a pair of heels and hitting the dance floor!
Amanda recently posted..Toilet Paper BanditMy Profile